TEL-STER company has in its offer TelCOMM software (currently it is available in version 4.5). TelCOMM software is a tool designed for B2B exchange of documents using AS4 protocol, the implementation of which at gas counterparties market results from the European Commission Regulation (EU) 2015/703 from 30 April 2015 which establishes a network code being a principle of interoperability and data exchange.
AS4 Protocol (Applicability Statement 4)
AS4 protocol is a standard that describes secure and reliable sending of messages over Internet public network. This protocol is based on well-known and proved solutions, such as HTTP, TLS, SOAP protocols and web services. It represents an open standard for B2B data exchange described in OASIS ebMS 3.0 specification. The elements responsible for security and reliability of transmitted data are digital signatures and encrypting mechanisms (WS-security).
TelCOMM software is addressed for MS Windows Server 2012 or newer, based on subsystem IIS and .NET Framework 4.7.2 or newer. Application can be hosted only on HTTPS protocol and the version of used TLS protocol during message sending is 1.2. TelCOMM has an embedded SQLite database or it can use Oracle database. Software consists of three components:
- application interface accessible from web browser, that allows configuration and interactive exchange of documents,
- web service /WebServices/Gateway.asmx, that allows exchange of documents initiated from external application,
- web service /MSH.asmx/Receive, that allows reception of documents from partners.
The main view of application provides functionality of sending documents using AS4 One-Way/Push MEP (message exchange pattern) using defined P-Mode (Processing Mode).
Integral part of sending process is the analysis of response from the recipient in terms of:
- lack of message sending errors – HTTP success code,
- non-repudiation of receipt.
Figure 1. Send view – after send
Second view is for downloading data from partner with AS4 Two-Way/Push-Pull MEP. Response to request that initiates download is checked only for HTTP success code.
Figure 2. Download view – after send
Sent and received messages are available for viewing and managing in next two views.
Administrators have access to additional views:
- Logs – AS4 communication errors and users activity information,
- Partners – additional view for defining a friendly name for partner [PartyId] value, that will be used in application views instead of partner identifier,
- Processing Modes (P-Modes) – defining and managing AS4 communication between partners,
- Database configuration – choosing the database: SQLite or Oracle,
- Application configuration.
Application interface is available in Polish and English language.
Interface for external applications
TelCOMM application can act as an gateway for B2B communication using AS4 protocol, because it provides its functionalities in /WebServices/Gateway.asmx web service, to be utilized from another application.
Gateway.asmx example methods:
- SendByPMode, SendByPModeName,
- GetUnreadMessagesIds, GetUnreadPushMessagesIds, GetUnreadPullMessagesIds,
- GetMessage, GetMessages,
Receiving messages from partner
The relative address of method that is used as a reception point for all incoming messages is /MSH.asmx/Receive. In general case after receiving a signed message the module sends a signed response fulfilling non-repudiation of receipt. Receiving module is equipped with functionalities of detecting duplicate messages and AS4 error handling.
AS4 communication configuration
AS4 communication between partners is configured by defining a P-Mode (Processing Mode). Besides options from standard (in brackets) there are also helpful additional options for defining.
Figure 3. P-Mode details view
Automatic update of certificates
Automatic update of certificates is a required by Entsog module of an AS4 software operating on European gas market. Its aim is to automate the process of updating used by partners certificates to newer ones, usually in situation of approaching certificate expiration date.
GS2TelCOMM software is an optional extension to TelCOMM application supporting the process of downloading measurement and aggregated data shared by Gaz-System using AS4 protocol with the use of Two-Way/Push-Pull message exchange pattern.
Architecture of GS2TelCOMM is the same as of TelCOMM, it also has an own embedded SQLite database or it can use Oracle database. Plugin supports main AS4 functionalities in the field of generating data requests and analyzing responses specific for Gaz-System, also in automatic and cyclical downloading of data by defining downloading schedule. Obtained data can be viewed in plugin, also there is a possibility of forwarding it to TelWin system. In case of installing the extension in TelCOMM’s navigation bar there will appear position “Gaz-System”.
Figure 4. Generate request – GS2TelCOMM
Figure 5. Defining schedule of automatic, cyclical downloading of data – GS2TelCOMM
- AS4 Profile of ebMS 4.0 Version 1.0
- ebCore Agreement Update Specification Version 1.0
- AS4 Usage profile approved for GAZ-SYSTEM
- Instruction in the range of the information exchange AS4(GAZ-SYSTEM)
- Technical description of solutions for sharing measurement and aggregated data with external entities using AS4 protocol(GAZ-SYSTEM)
- Technical decription of solutions for exchanging edig@s messages using AS4 protocol